Conveniently located to serve Scottsdale, Phoenix, and Tucson
Body Contouring After Massive Weight Loss
Loose sagging skin is a common problem for massive-weight-loss patients, but fortunately, a body lift in Scottsdale can address this issue. Many people are surprised to find that after losing a lot of weight, their bodies don’t look the way they expected. With the help of a body lift, patients can achieve their body-image goals.
Scottsdale plastic surgeon Dr. White will take the time to carefully evaluate your situation and help you decide the best surgery or combination of surgeries to create the shape you’ve worked so hard to achieve. Dr. White performs all surgeries in the state-of-the-art Piper Outpatient Surgical Facility in Scottsdale with highly trained assistants.
Common Body Contouring Procedures
Some of the more common surgeries used for body contouring after massive weight loss are as follows:
- Upper Arm Lift (Brachioplasty) – An arm lift will reduce or eliminate excess skin from the upper arms. An incision is made from the elbow to the armpit, so some scarring will be visible. Brachioplasty is usually done under general anesthesia, and initial healing occurs in 10 to 14 days, while bruising gradually disappears over 3 to 4 weeks. Scars will fade in 6 to 24 months, depending upon your skin, but are permanent.
- Thigh Lift – A thigh lift will reduce or eliminate excess skin from the thighs, producing tighter, more shapely thighs with fewer skin irregularities. The location of scars will vary, depending upon the part of the thigh that needs to be lifted. A thigh lift is performed under general anesthesia, and recovery will vary depending upon the extent of the surgery. Oral medication may be adequate to control discomfort for smaller thigh lifts, but for larger thigh lifts, skilled nursing may be required. Bruising and swelling usually subside within a month, and full recovery is usually expected within 4 to 6 months.
- Buttock Lift – A buttock lift will reduce excess skin from the buttocks and create firmer buttocks with more flattering contours. This surgery will produce upper scars, following the normal body contours. Buttock lifts are performed under general anesthesia, and recovery will vary depending upon the extent of the surgery. Bruising and swelling usually subside within a month, and full recovery is usually expected within 4 to 6 months.
- Belt Lipectomy – This is basically a tummy tuck / hip lift / buttock lift all in one for dramatic rejuvenation of the trunk. The scar is identical to a tummy tuck in the front, but goes all the way around the lower trunk. We try to place the scar so that you may wear brief attire if at all possible. The procedure requires general anesthesia and 1 to 2 nights’ overnight stay. Are sutures and drains are usually removed by seven days after surgery and a return to full activity is usually possible by 6 weeks. Final results can take from 6 to 12 months.
- Lower Body Lift – For the appropriate patient, in addition to the improvements accomplished by the belt lipectomy, we can gain even more dramatic improvement of the thighs with this variant of the belt lipectomy. Recovery is identical to the belt lipectomy.
The specific risks and the suitability of any body contouring plastic surgery procedure can be determined only during your consultation with Scottsdale plastic surgeon Dr. White. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk, but major complications are unusual.
It is important to have realistic expectations in terms of the results of your body contouring procedures. To develop these, look over the body lift before and after photos in our gallery.
Complementary Plastic Surgery Procedures
Additional procedures that may enhance the result of body contouring include Liposuction, Breast Enlargement, Breast Lift, or Tummy Tuck. Discuss these options with Dr. White during your consultation.
How Much Does a Body Lift Cost?
The exact price of a body lift varies, since this comprehensive body contouring procedure can consist of several possible techniques. The exact procedure chosen for your body lift will impact the final cost, as will the total surgery time and the amount of tissue removed.
Occasionally, if a body lift in Scottsdale is being performed for medical reasons, the procedure may be partially covered by insurance. Usually, the patient is responsible for payment.
- View Body Lift Before and After Photos
- View Male Body Lift Before and After Photos
- Learn more about Post Bariatric Plastic Surgery at the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery web site.
Your Body Lift procedure will be performed in Dr. White’s surgery center located in Scottsdale, AZ, just outside of Phoenix and Tucson