Tummy Tuck Scottsdale
At our practice in Scottsdale, tummy tuck surgery is one of the most frequently performed procedures. Sometimes exercise is not enough to tighten loose abdominal muscles, especially after pregnancy or massive weight loss. If the skin around your tummy is loose and sagging, then a tummy tuck may be the best way to achieve a flatter, tighter midsection.
Dr. White, acclaimed plastic surgeon who has held the position of President in multiple surgical societies, will evaluate your situation and help you determine whether or not a tummy tuck is your best option. Liposuction may be recommended as a complimentary procedure to enhance the results of a tummy tuck. The goal is to have a smooth, flat tummy that blends with the rest of the body.
Tummy Tuck Procedure Information
Abdominoplasty is usually performed under general anesthesia at the Piper Outpatient Surgical Facility in Scottsdale.
There are three types of tummy tucks, and Dr. White will explain each procedure and help you determine the surgery that is right for you:
- Standard Abdominoplasty – tightens all of the abdominal wall skin (standard scar)
- Mini Abdominoplasty – tightens the lower abdominal wall skin only (shortest scar)
- Extended Abdominoplasty – tightens the abdomen and the flanks or sides (longest scar extending around the flanks onto lower back)
- Skin Only Abdominoplasty – this is for the occasional person who only has loose skin and no issues with the abdominal wall muscles (a very flat abdomen with only extra skin)
With the exception of the Skin Only Abdominoplasty, surgeries where the muscle is tightened can be more uncomfortable than some other procedures, and therefore a least one day of skilled nursing care at the Virginia Piper Outpatient Surgical Facility is usually indicated for safe early recovery. Early ambulation (evening of surgery) is extremely important to prevent problems with circulation. Walking several times a day is required. Heavy lifting and vigorous exercise can be resumed in approximately 6 weeks.
Tummy Tuck Cost
As an experienced Scottsdale tummy tuck surgeon, Dr. White will meet with you in his Scottsdale office to discuss all options and pricing. The price of a tummy tuck surgery is impacted by a number of specific factors. Tummy tuck cost determinants include techniques employed, time required to perform the procedure, and type of anesthesia utilized. Dr. White offers financing options with CareCredit
Complementary Plastic Surgery Procedures
Occasionally, if the abdominoplasty is being performed for medical reasons, the procedure may be partially covered by insurance. Usually, the patient is responsible for payment.
Tummy Tuck Surgery
The specific risks and the suitability of abdominoplasty can be determined only during your tummy tuck consultation with Scottsdale plastic surgeon Dr. White. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk, but major complications are unusual.
- View Tummy Tuck with Body Lift Before and After Photos
- View Tummy Tuck with Breast Enlargement Before and After Photos
- View Tummy Tuck with Breast Lift Before and After Photos
- View Male Tummy Tuck Before and After Photos
- Learn more about Tummy Tuck Plastic Surgery at the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery web site or the American Society of Plastic Surgeons web site.
My interactions and services with Dr. White were excellent. I have been completely satisfied with the results of my surgery, pre-surgery services, and post-op. All staff were super friendly, professional, and supportive of my procedure. I highly recommend Dr. White.