COVID 19 Update
Due to the evolving global coronavirus pandemic, Dr. White has temporarily restricted her in-office visits as part of our effort to take every precaution to protect you as well as the staff. We are following the recommendations of the World Health Organization along with federal and local healthcare authorities by practicing social distancing and good hygiene among other efforts.
No matter where we are working, we remain committed to supporting you. During this time when we can’t meet you in person, we are now able to do a Virtual Office Visit. It’s a safe and secure way to have a face-to-face with Dr. White. It is very simple to use and all you need is a smartphone, tablet, or computer with a camera. We will email you the necessary forms to fill out before your scheduled appointment. You may fill these out and email them back to us.
At this time, we do not know when we will be able to do surgeries and we will keep all our patients up to date as the timeline keeps changing. With that said, we do have a waiting list for Consults and Surgeries. We are now giving our patients that do the Virtual Consult priority on our waiting list. Once the operating room becomes available there is going to be a rush of patients requesting dates and times, and again, you will be able to get priority. You will, of course, need to see Dr. White in- person before any surgery can take place, but most of the process can be completed ahead of time.
How a Virtual Consult will work:
Don’t be afraid! We will talk you through this, and in fact will contact you prior to your consult to help you set it up! We know that virtual consults are new to many of us!
- After you request your consult, our office will send you an email with instructions and paperwork that can filled out and emailed back PRIOR to your appointment. We then will send you detailed emails about how to take the photographs that will help us evaluate your concerns. We will also contact you by phone to make sure you are not having any difficulty with the paperwork and if necessary, help you get set up.
- The day of your consult our office will send you a secure ZOOM link ahead of time and we will connect with you at that time. One of our staff will go over your health history and other pertinent information, and then discuss what procedures you are looking at.
- You will then be face-to-face with Dr. White and will discuss in more detail your specific issues and she will look at your photos, and in some cases look at you area of concern on the camera, and talk about your options. She will show you appropriate photos to help illustrate the different techniques and then answer your questions and make suggestions.
- Our office will get you an approximate quote immediately while on the virtual call, and then by email. This of course is just a ballpark quote as you will need to be seen in person to confirm that your procedure is the one that will get you closest to your desired outcome!
- We will then hold your spot for your desired surgery date once we have further information as to the safe re-opening of offices and surgery centers.
- We look forward to meeting you and thank you in advance for being good sports and working with us on this new method of communication!
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Dr. White and Staff